Sunday, March 09, 2008

Post -Election

I guess our country is still grappling with the unfolded DRAMA in this 12th General Election held last weekend. All of us knew the results which being regarded as "Political Tsunami" where the ruling party lost its 2/3 majority over to the Oppositions.

As a responsible Malaysian, for the first time in my life, i VOTED. I'm a registered voter for Parliamentary seat P.122 Seputeh. The incumbent Teresa Kok of DAP winning the highest majority in history (36,492-vote) over MCA newbie, Carol Chew.

However, im not here to give reviews or comments on the shocking results.. im gonna talk bout my experience going to the polling station.. cating my vote and my feeling as i did my duty at that time....

I woke up a bit late.. so, after having a light brunch, i showered and was ready to go VOTING!!

so i went to the polling station.. it was a round 1.45pm.... there were not too many people there.. i guess, most of the voters went early in the morning to cast their votes.... Anyway, after showing my IC to the polling workers and found out my Saluran, which is saluran 6, i went upstairs on the 3rd floor.. gave my ic again and were given a piece of paper to cast my ballot on.........

It didnt took me long to made decision.. as i was determined and pretty much sure of which person im gonna choose.... as the ballot box is transparent, i can c most of the ballot that had been put inside... ermmmm... kinda know who will wins at that time.. heh..heh...

After casting my vote, went back downstirs to go back.. and suddenly, i was overcome by this opverwhelming feelings of .. i dunno how to describe it!!.. I felt blessed as i finally had done my small responsibilities towards my nation... I felt that it was democracy at its best...and its a good feeling top know that u have the right to choose.. regardless of whether the person that u shose wins or not!!!

I reminisce about on how our beloved country had come to this stage... on how our previous leaders fought to the brim to achieve this INDEPENDENCE!!..... the emotions were preety strong and without realising it, my tears flowed...... good thing that i was wearing my sunglasses at that time... heh..heh..

our country had come a longggg way since its Independence..... no matter what people say about our country, we cant deny that we did have a GOOD ruling government!!... a Government which had managed to make this small nation prosper and developed the way it is now! This in turn had made other neighbouring countries proper as well in providing job and other opportunities to the people...

Im anxious to see these turns of events.......... and i hope that my beloved country will continue to do well.... maintain its position and perhaps offer better opportunities to its RAKYAT!!!!


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Whatever the outcome is now, everybody should concentrate on helping ordinary people in their everyday life.

No use of arguing now sebab yang lepas ittew lepaslah... sekarang perlu kerja..jgn asik dok nak masukkan duit dalam poket sendiri!

Congrats uols mengundi akhirnya :)

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betul tuh uolss.. i hope to c some changes on the way our politikus do their job... the responsibilities bestowed upon them is not merely a way to gain personal interests kannnn.........

Hoping the best for our Country!!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home