Sunday, December 02, 2007

Greener pastures???

Im relatively happy where im now.. i mean my workplace... i've got good bosses who is not too demanding and very understanding towards my job.... *whom i can always go and complain if i've got too much to handle.. heh..heh*

i've got great colleagues whom i can consult and ever willing and ready to help me in my sometimes difficult undertakings..

I've established great friendship with some of my colleagues... which now is no longer i consider friends at work but my good trustworthy rainy day..kinda friends whom i can rely on... *u know who u r..wink*

I'm also quite active with my organization's sports club where i've handled numerous events be it corporate dinner.. family day or other festive celebrations... i'd acted.. i'd danced... i'd sang... and other things that i never done before and never thought that i can/will do... :)

I've been blessed with numerous opportunities e.g.. overseas travels and courses.. that broaden my *used to be limited* horizons.... event hough that had resulted is many2 bittersweet memories... *wink*

I have had also established good contacts and relationships with my clients *it has its ups and downs though*.. and even though my work is mostly desk jobs, but i do get to visits clients and entertain their whims and fancies when they c me... ;)

I do love my job eventhough i feel that im doing the same repetitive work.. in a way, i know that i've played my small part in developing the nation.......

However, last weekend, i got a call from a place where i dream to work.... a place where i thought that it is "THE" place to work... a place that had so much history and and contributed vastly in building this nation... well.. its a call for an interview tomorrow.. and all of the sudden, my perception changed... i know that I'm now in my comfortable zone... do i really need to get out of it??..to venture into something which is uncertain .. where i've to start all over again..... *if i get the job*.. of course there are other factors to be considered such as salary... and benefits... *eventhough my pay presently is not too bad.. heh..heh...*


Is the grass on the other side is always greener??.... hrmmm.... i wonder......

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Uols, yang penting, jgn lepaskan dulu yangs edia ada inniew sebelum mengambil yang disangkakan/ dirasakan GREENER ittew... I have made that mistake before and it's painful (emotionally and spiritually).

Ni nok gi mana nih? UK kaa? US kaa?? Oz kot?? **matilaa spekurama!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Deen said...

thanx for the advice dear... went for the interview yesterday... it was ok.. i could've done much better i think... but what to do.. the process was freakin tiring and time consuming.. and i got the frekin garang interviewer.... tak mesra2 langsung...

anyway, its a local comp... the only malaysian company listed in the Fortune 500... i think u know which comp im talking bout...heh..heh..

yuop... im still holding on to my current job... which equally promised great future... heh..heh...

8:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wah wahhh Fortune 500 nah??? No, sorry I don't..bab bab bisnes nih mmg mak dinch hui unless kalau bab bab bisnes menjual diri hahahhaha no lah joking! Will find out about the list sebab nak jugak tompang vangga dah masuk list, kan?? :)

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home