Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's a Brand New Life....


well may be the head title is tad dramatic..... not exactly as interesting as one might imagine.. only a brand new job .. perhaps... but u know what they say about work... work is our life... our job defines who we are..... but i definitely beg to differ..... I dun think that our job defines who we are.... as i said earlier in one of my previous posting, our life is defined with how we look at it .. how we live it and how we behave towards/ treats others.... izznit....


Anyway, I started my new job at the twin towers yesterday.... As usual, first day is the day where you get to know ur boss... certain collegues.. whom u will be working with for the next god knows how many years..... and to find ur way around the new office.. and to get familiar with the new system and to see their way of conducting business........ For me, my first day was a bit mundane....


Went to the office quite early.. i was supposed to report duty at 8am... so i was there 15 mins early... and i waited.. i waited .. and waited but people only started coming to the office by 9am... bummer.. i was there for an hour and half waiting... luckily i brought some reading materials with and lucky me they have a really comfortable sofa at the seating area... ;).... THe offer letter should've just stated that i come in at 9am and save me the trouble... but.. NO... im not complaining.. we all have to wait sumtime in our life innnit.. sum ways or another.. waiting is norm... waiting is expected.. waiting is wasting.... aite!!.. not that i have anything better to do at that time...ha..ha


My boss.... erm.. how shall i start.. relatively young... perhaps in his late 30's... married with 3 kids * hey.. there was a family pics on his table occay*.... from the relatively short time that i met him, he looks and sounds like a very nice boss... i saw him joking with my other collegues.... and he doesnt even remember that i was supposed to report to him that day.. he was caught by surprise.. "Pleasant surprise".. as he put it.... ;)


Other collegues, were ok as well... quite chatty.. quite friendly.... while me eyeing a few lady collegues of mine who wears short dresses with killer heels.... Im impressed!!!.... Izzit Manolo's... izzit Jimmy Choo's or perhaps my expectation's tad too hugh......Aldo maybe??...Urghhh...... i cant help taking my eyes off the bloody Red pumps that my cubicle's neigh is wearing... Im such a helpless gay innit??... ha...ha....


And dun let me start on the insanely gorgeous delicious yummy looking guys in my department.... OMG.. i nearly had a major heart attack when i was introduced to them...... i felt everything was in slow motion..... I didnt even hear it when they asked me anything.. and i was smiling to my ears..... he......he..... Hope my drools wasnt too obvious... ahaks... luckily they were at a different level.. i mean.. they were at level 34 and im at level 35.. otherwise, im sure that i'll not be able to concentrate on my work later..... he...he


ANd of course... APPARENTLY *as how idan would start a statement*... there is another "DIVA" in my office.....A guy (HAdek2) that is in charge of the admin.... with his highlighted hair.... wears a blue contact lens and wearing a tight striped shirt.. with unpleated skinny pants.... who's cubicle is a few feet from mine.... Quite friendly at first.. BUT first impression can be deceiving..... as we talked, i noticed that his DIVAesque attitude started to show off....... He told me what to do or not to do... he praised himself for being a Pet****S scholar from their uni and was chosen to join that organisation 6 MONTHS ago after graduating..... and goin on and on about how there's a long history of his family joining this organisation and what to learn and how fast he can absorb all the new things...... and he threw me a notebook with some important information bout the business that i will be dealing with and threaten to quizzed me on it later...... WHAT THE F**K!!.... I've been working for the last 3 bloody years.. U dun have to tell me the do's and donts in the office... et cetera....I ALREADY KNEW IT!!!!... i was a bit irritated... but as a newbie, i just let it passed...... no need to show my DIVA aura on my first day..... As idan put it "He might be my key to get into the colourful world of RAINBOW*... in my organisation.. which by the way is quite a magnet for Rainbow Peoples.......he...he... So, im giving myself benefits of doubt on him.. he might turns out to be a nice person afterall.... * IM a saint!!*


So, there u goes........ i still have yet to get my computer and telephone..... I brought my lappy and my MAXIS broadband in the hope that i can do some research in the net... but to no avail as the maxis broadband connection really sucks..... sigh!!..


I did missed my old place.... not the work but my friends over there..... Regret??... NEVER.... i never regret my actions how stupid it is...... this is a totally new challenges for me and i should be excited aite.. new place.. new environment.... and perhaps a new beginning to an exciting life ahead??.... IM crossing all my fringers and toes... he..he


P.s:... I found out that one of the perks is i can join the Twin Tower GYM for free!!..*Idan.. and pari.. eat ur hearts out!! muahahahahah*..... how cool is that!!..... *looks like now i do have no excuses for not goin to the gym anymore*.. as if.. tee...heee...



3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very lucky! I would have loved to work up there (tapi kerja apa tataw?? takkan kerja mengangkang kot?? matilhaku..kau pun sama! **ops!)...

Good luck and do not let any silly idiots get in your way...just do what you supposed to do..and keep out of the way from any bitchiness (aiyyoo adek adek akak akak susah nih nak get away from this!!!) - do your job properly and successfully, you'll be rewarded, insyaAllah!

Ehh sorry mak melalut..I am sure you know the deal here anyway...so well done uols!!!

3:57 PM  
Blogger UnCommon Angel said...

wahhh uolsss... matilah mek asyik dengar pasal isssue minyak setiap perjumpaan.., tiada laghik isu fesyen, jejanzzz, kote, fantasy etc...

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DivaLee~ Thanx uols dengan kata2 perangsang ittew.. *rangsang apa itew tatau..he..he*.... Btw, everyday is full of new discoveries... merries gak lah office meks ittew.... lucky me i guess... not as i expected. but then again my expectation is perhaps tad too low.. teheee!*

Idan~ dun worry, meks masih belle yang dulu... setinggi mana bangunan meks keja pun, meks tetap merendah diri.. he...he

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home