Saturday, June 28, 2008

Post Career-Change Syndrome??


I first started my new job with budding enthusiasm..... Maybe after a month of lazing around doing nothing, i felt that it will be a fresh new start... to a brand new day..... A new ME!!


Definitely a welcome respite from my previous mundane job..eventhough i dont quite "dislike" what i did, .. it was OK.. but OK was never enough for me......;P


Being in the centre of the city's business, entertainment and art, certainly elavated my anticipation of joining that company......... And of course, its standing in the world's business certainly got myself interested..... I felt that maybe they can offer me more.... not only the salary *for the record, it was not that much of an increase from my previous salary*...but in terms of career development..... discovering and enhancing one's talents... and the possibility of pursuing my studies..... and having a firmly secured future..... financially and spiritually.. ;)


However, only after 2 weeks, it has taken its first toll on me.... Not that its not what it seems from the outside....dun get me wrong... Its more than that........ So far, Im not complaining bout my work.. or my boss.. or my collegues... They're all GREAT!...... and i really mean it!!..... ;)... Having a supportive Boss and helpful collegues and "nice view" really helps...


But why am i still unsatisfied...... why do i still feel the emptiness in my life.. why do i feel that something is missing...... why do i feel that i've not achieved enough.... why do i feel that i might not have what it takes to be excellent...... or where do i go next.. will i do good enough?... Well, its among the question that's been lingering in my mind nowadays...


Some might say that its to early to judge myself.. and pressured myself... Nowever, i felt that its the BIG questions that deserves some attention ...... Not really life altering big.... but its something that i kept on pondering.. days and night....... My predicament is more on a personal basis..... maybe im confused between personal life and professional life.. it is such a thin line right?... what we do professionally affects our personal life no matter what!!....


Maybe its a QUARTER life crises.... since my birthday is coming up in a couple of days.... ;P


Or maybe its POST career-change syndrome.... ??... *If there is such*...


Sigh.....................

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

darling, I am sure you'll be fine... tapi tu lah mak pun gtak boleh nak cakap bebanyak pun..my experience of employment in a new place pun only one time ..tu pun masa kat manchester tempat kerja hanjeng tu! Lepas sebulan jah mmg benci gilbabs ngan my boss!!!

BUT having said that, you have already had a good start.. I am sure everything will be fine from now on... I am sure lots of them will support you whenever you want, kan? :)

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx dear for your emcouragement... tah lah.. tetiba at that time rasa blues sikit..heh..heh.. but im ok now.. im doin great. this is a learning experience for me.. and i hope that i'll have a good if not great future here....

Muahhhhhhhhh

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alamk gua pun macam hang just quit my current job and returned to my old office which i left four years ago. memanglah kekok. anywayw ish to get to know u better www.primadonnaz.blogspot.com

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home