Saturday, June 05, 2010

Yap..Yap..Yap..


I'm the kind of person who loves to talk....

I love to talk with my friends...

I love to talk with my mom....

I love to talk with elderly people..

I even love to talk with strangers....

I talk anywhere...everywhere.. about anything...

I love to talk until my throat hurts and my voice became hoarse....

I especially love to talk with my friends.. we can talk for hours.. over the phone.. over coffee.. in person or chatting in the net...

i'm a talkative person.. when you hit the right button lah that is...

I do listen to people as well.. i would like to believe that i'm as good at listening as i am with talking..

I also like to give my opinion/s about everything.. its not necessarily be useful.. but i like to give my own two cents in any conversation....

When my friends came to me with their problems, well maybe not problems.. just everyday things, i do listen and comment.. i try to understand .. and of course, gave my opinion.. solutions and perhaps just comments...

For me, its not really that i want to solve the problem.. im no MONK here aite... :) i just want to gave some rationalisation and perhaps a different view.. other angle of the story being told...

As a friend, i always have something to say about anything.. sometimes, i feel that my opinion is important... or perhaps it gives some value to other people...

When a friend came to me with issues such as weight issues/ confidence issues, i try to cheer them up.. i try to give them what my take is.. even though i myself is grappling with that issue, i 'll give my advice.. or opinion on dealing with it.. i only say what i myself want/ expect to hear from other people.. nice things that is... With my very best intention.. and i'm saying it with a big LOVE, i try to cheer them up....

But sometimes (well, most of the time anyways,) without knowing it, will contradict myself... i will say or advice one thing.. and in just a moment, will do another thing.. simply said, i don't practice what i preach.... Its all in the moment kind of things.... sigh...

So, my friend will be upset with me... here i am saying things (good things) bout how to deal with some issues.. and the next thing, i will say something else altogether...

Truthfully, I don't realise that by doing that, it confuses my friend... which leads to annoying them.......

Its not only one-time kinda thing.. it tend to happens persistently over the years...

But tonight *after some backlash from my best friend over an issue, i think its time for me to really think first before i say anything.. not just to him.. but to anybody.. i really have to pause.. and think of the things that i want to say.. if its not important, or if it is contradicting with my actions or words, then better not say it aite...

and to make matter worse, i am very forgetful... of the things that i do or said earlier.. and my friends always calls me "DORY" *a character in the movie FINDING NEMO which forgets everything that she said after 5 seconds..haha*

I learned a very good lesson tonight.. eventhough bit hard to swallow.. or admit... but i admit it....

It is just better to not say anything if i don't have anything good to say....

I hope i'll remember that.... haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home